Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dealing with normies
This is something I'd like to hear from guys who are more advanced in both game and (for the lack of a better word) Sigma lifestyle - how are you dealing with people who are simply plugged into the Matrix, blue pilled, normal etc.

I find great joy in having some very good, smart, capable and loyal friends. If there's one stoke of luck I got in life, that's some of the people I know - either they're extraordinary intelligent, wildly courageous, have great social or business abilities, sensational knowledge, great sense of humor etc. They're all, in one way or another, strange. They give me energy and I love spending time with them.

Now, the problem is that I am mostly surrounded by people I'll just call normal. The ones who comment on  football, follow the latest fashion, listen to MTV music, rarely if ever have any interesting ideas etc. The problem I have with them (and I'm willing to admit that there might be a dose of gamma in it) is that often they're being nice to me and often want to spend time with me, while I feel that they're not giving me energy but spending it. I'd broken up some friendships in my life when I felt that people have a negative impact on my life and personality (gone way to much into drugs or street fights, keep making horrible business ideas and dragging others into them, joining weird cults and religions etc.). However, these people are not in any way dragging me down - they're just nice normal betas who are the pillar of the society, and I'm feeling like a jerk for not knowing how to behave to them not to offend them and at the same time not to be taken into the drudgery and boredom of the sleep-eat-watch TV lifestyle.

In an ideal scenario, I'd just travel the world and smoke cigars with the most interesting people on the planet. But a man's gotta make a living, and it requires a set of social interactions that are not ideal.

Any thoughts, experiences, advice, stories... ?
(10-31-2019, 11:18 PM)D-503 Wrote: This is something I'd like to hear from guys who are more advanced in both game and (for the lack of a better word) Sigma lifestyle - how are you dealing with people who are simply plugged into the Matrix, blue pilled, normal etc.

I find great joy in having some very good, smart, capable and loyal friends. If there's one stoke of luck I got in life, that's some of the people I know - either they're extraordinary intelligent, wildly courageous, have great social or business abilities, sensational knowledge, great sense of humor etc. They're all, in one way or another, strange. They give me energy and I love spending time with them.

Now, the problem is that I am mostly surrounded by people I'll just call normal. The ones who comment on  football, follow the latest fashion, listen to MTV music, rarely if ever have any interesting ideas etc. The problem I have with them (and I'm willing to admit that there might be a dose of gamma in it) is that often they're being nice to me and often want to spend time with me, while I feel that they're not giving me energy but spending it. I'd broken up some friendships in my life when I felt that people have a negative impact on my life and personality (gone way to much into drugs or street fights, keep making horrible business ideas and dragging others into them, joining weird cults and religions etc.). However, these people are not in any way dragging me down - they're just nice normal betas who are the pillar of the society, and I'm feeling like a jerk for not knowing how to behave to them not to offend them and at the same time not to be taken into the drudgery and boredom of the sleep-eat-watch TV lifestyle.

In an ideal scenario, I'd just travel the world and smoke cigars with the most interesting people on the planet. But a man's gotta make a living, and it requires a set of social interactions that are not ideal.

Any thoughts, experiences, advice, stories... ?

My first thought is this is a great idea for a thread. I'd never have thought of it but it bothered me greatly for a large period of my life.

3 basic points I'd make:

1: Strategise to get out.  I felt like I had no choice, so when The Game came out and I found I had a talent for this stuff, I seized on the opportunity to make a living out of it.  In doing so I learned (and am still learning) a great deal about making money in unconventional ways and associating with whoever I want, when I want.

2: Bear in mind though that even if you do get out as I have done, you'll be turning your nose up at opportunities and ideas that never would have come to fruition if you distance yourself from others too much (I am guilty of this).  You need discernment, but you never know when you can work with other people for mutual benefit.  That doesn't mean hanging out with total dumbasses, of course.

3: As I've got older I've begun to come full circle and am more accepting of people's flaws (albeit with certain inviolate red lines that cannot be crossed).  Being a "normie" is a flaw I'm much more willing to accept (in limited doses).  I also believe we're in for some very tough times where every good man will be needed, normie or not.  It's the normies (more accurately Deltas) that keep society functioning. 

2 & 3 partially explain why I decided to create this forum.
Do you actually want to make progress with your goals : aesthetic, business, women, fitness?  Check out the Secret Society VIP Members Club.
Check it out
There's a saying that you are the average of the top 5 people you hang out with. This is frequently followed by advice to cut out predisposed negative people out of your life since they bring you down.

For that reason I've been trying to find fellow experienced daygamers to try to bring up my average. However I find them tough to find - most daygamers I meet through forums or meetups are noobs who just slow me down. I guess it may be expected since I found the dropout rate at 200 sets is 90% (meaning for every guy who reaches 200 sets, 9 guys drop out; I got the data from Tom Torero's find a wing page where daygamers put down the # of approaches they did).
Im making a lot of money off of the normie’s lifestyle. You have to remove your self and become more of a spectator. Just move in when you see an opportunity to pounce, kinda like a lion watching the zebra herd. Remember also that most girls are normies too and if you become too scornful of their lifestyle it will start to show in your attitude with negative consequences for your game.

I’ll also add that the reason I joined this forum is to find people that think more like I do. It’s rare that I find people that can be a genuine friend, but maybe I’m the problem. I get bored with the normal chit chat about sports, tv and stupid shit. I haven’t watched tv for 30 years.
(11-02-2019, 06:20 AM)Podunkinak Wrote: ...

I’ll also add that the reason I joined this forum is to find people that think more like I do. It’s rare that I find people that can be a genuine friend, but maybe I’m the problem. I get bored with the normal chit chat about sports, tv and stupid shit. I haven’t watched tv  for 30 years.

I'm similar. I find sports mind-numbing and I only watch a few TV shows. Cheers to Steve for putting up this forum so I can discuss at least one of my passions with like-minded guys.
(11-02-2019, 06:20 AM)Podunkinak Wrote: Im making a lot of money off of the normie’s lifestyle. You have to remove your self and become more of a spectator. Just move in when you see an opportunity to pounce, kinda like a lion watching the zebra herd. Remember also that most girls are normies too and if you become too scornful of their lifestyle it will start to show in your attitude with negative consequences for your game.

I’ll also add that the reason I joined this forum is to find people that think more like I do. It’s rare that I find people that can be a genuine friend, but maybe I’m the problem. I get bored with the normal chit chat about sports, tv and stupid shit. I haven’t watched tv  for 30 years.

My antenna is whirring into life...Is this something you can talk about - making money off the normie lifestyle.  No worries if you cannot.
Do you actually want to make progress with your goals : aesthetic, business, women, fitness?  Check out the Secret Society VIP Members Club.
Check it out
Thanks for the replies, guys.

After thinking some more about this it seems that the answer is simple - everything has a price: staying friends with normies, and staying away from normies. And, as economy teaches us, there's no such thing as an objective price.

A couple of years ago, while I was living with a girl (almost got married, fortunately dodged that bullet) we met a locally famous writer and started hanging out with him occasionally. Very intelligent guy, extremely eloquent and completely independent, it was fascinating how he could make girls 40 years younger than he was blush with just a few compliments and it was even more fascinating that he ended up in jail for fighting in public twice when he was over 60 years old. A really special guy. However, he was impossible to deal with, so inside his own little world that after two hours with him one needed a stiff drink and a long vacation. He just forgot how to be a human being. After me and the mentioned girl split up, one of the rare smart things she said to me was: "Whatever happens to you, don't become him."

That seems to be the danger of completely emancipating oneself from any type of "normal friends" - isolation into a world that, as interesting as it is, develops part of the personality that become really unbearable in the old age. On the other hand, becoming just another empty shell of a human, quietly despairing and starring into TV the entire day seems even worse.

Maybe there's a sweet spot, of just 11,426% of normies in your life that make it just enough not to go mad. Can this be achieved - an open question.
Normies to me are just wasting their lives away. I don't care about who won the football game or tracking meaningless stats on players. It is a distraction. My best friend was a normie and he was in search of a girlfriend to be a wife. He was signed up on all the dating sites. He was constantly scammed by Russian women to buy them things. His family was giving him pressure to get married. He finally found some tramp with a daddy tattoo and married her only to find out she was still banging her ex. To make worse he was court ordered out of his house while his wife and her boyfriend lived there. After all that he still got married to another controlling woman.
I could do nothing to wake him and parted ways. One must focus on his purpose. Don't get sucked in the distractions. Beautiful women do create a blissful spell that can be hard to break making one want to go back to the red pill. I would say to mediate alone and focus on what is important in your journey through life. Life is short so make the best of it!
I think it's a great subject,

I was planning to extend my thread about startups do dealing with my blue pilled colleagues and co-founders but we might as well start here.
First I think you have to live with the fact most of your friends and family will be normies, as in my experience unplugging happens after some kind of trauma.
It is also going through the rabbit hole and actively looking under all your previous beliefs to see if they still hold water. The original horror is that most of them don't and you realise you've been misled on most major topics: women, science, economy, politics, nutrition, finance, job market, IQ and so on. I think this is a terrifying realisation to everyone, and that most just refuse to face the inconvenient truth. I also noticed that most of the resistance is linked to having "bad thoughts" which would reframe the way you view yourself. They seem to have the most trouble when they recognise a pattern that would make them racist/right-wing/sexist etc... that would challenge their identity as a "good person".
My take on it is that you shouldn't expect all your friends to be red-pilled, and just expect different things from your blue pilled friends. You can still get camaraderie, business partners, fun light conversations and healthy challenge and support from them. They actually are the ones in real danger here by being willfully blind.
If anything it's your job to be there when reality eventually unplug them and they face hardship. I regularly hint redpill stuff at them for self amusement, but I'm not going to talk about stuff that's too much for them to handle right now like IQ and geography or war brides...
You can talk about game and the joos with your red-pilled friends, but it's so rare that you can't expect to have more than 3 friends then.
For me to befriend a non-daygame friend "normie" I ask myself the simple question "what value does he/she offer to my life?" The value does not have to be game related, but it should improve some aspect of my life. If they offer nothing or even worse they take away from my life, then I cut them out because it is a waste of my time and energy.

For instance I have coworkers I talk to frequently about work. I need them to do a better job and we help each other out at work, but there's no way I can talk to them about daygame and I even suspect some are virgins. However, I do not talk to them to get better at daygame, I depend on them to become more successful at my career.

On the other hand, if someone offers me no value to my life whatsoever I generally minimize my interactions with him/her. For instance I recall being at a coffee shop and an old gay guy tried starting a friendly chat with me. Talk about offering absolutely no value to my life. I ended that conversation as quickly and nicely as I could.
(11-02-2019, 06:20 AM)Podunkinak Wrote: Im making a lot of money off of the normie’s lifestyle. You have to remove your self and become more of a spectator. Just move in when you see an opportunity to pounce, kinda like a lion watching the zebra herd. Remember also that most girls are normies too and if you become too scornful of their lifestyle it will start to show in your attitude with negative consequences for your game.

I am also interested to know more about what you're doing!
(11-07-2019, 07:19 PM)Reformation1 Wrote:

I fully understand why he wouldn't want to post about it.  Still it's always interesting to see if you can do a value exchange.  I'm fully aware of value tappers so I'd never be one myself...It has to be for mutual benefit.
Check it out
(11-14-2019, 08:48 AM)SteveJabba Wrote:

I fully understand why he wouldn't want to post about it.  Still it's always interesting to see if you can do a value exchange.  I'm fully aware of value tappers so I'd never be one myself...It has to be for mutual benefit.

Very happy to reciprocate
(11-14-2019, 06:53 PM)Reformation1 Wrote:
(11-14-2019, 08:48 AM)SteveJabba Wrote:

Very happy to reciprocate

Well check the new thread in lifestyle - entrepreneur thread
Check it out
Let's see what good ol' Robert Greene would have to say about this:

Law 10: INFECTION: AVOID THE UNHAPPY AND UNLUCKY

You can die from someone else's misery—emotional states are as infectious as diseases. You may feel you are helping the drowning man but you are only precipitating your own disaster. The unfortunate sometimes draw misfortune on themselves; they will also draw it on you. Associate with the happy and fortunate instead.